GTC for candidates
General terms and conditions for job applicants and candidates
1. Scope of application and extent of the contract
(1) These conditions apply to the contractual relations between AfricaWorks Personalberatung – Jochum, Kleis, Lemmerich und Strunk GbR (hereinafter referred to as “AfricaWorks”) and the respective job applicant (candidate). They are related to the service of AfricaWorks to recruit job applicants (candidates) for client companies in order to fill a job vacancy or relevant position.
(2) Any services for candidates will be exercised at the reasonable discretion of AfricaWorks and will be based on pertinent information or data provided by the candidate or acquired by AfricaWorks. AfricaWorks is entitled to make use of its own resources, domain knowledge, experience, skills and best efforts in accordance with standard pre-employment practices. In any case, there is no right to be accepted to the candidate pool of AfricaWorks.
2. Rights, obligations and liability
(1) By virtue of submitting an application to AfricaWorks, through their website, via email or any other form of communication, the candidate confirms that the information or data provided are accurate, true, comprehensive and up-to-date. AfricaWorks has the right to carry out verification and evaluation checks relating thereto. Services are free-of-charge for candidates.
(2) The candidate consents to AfricaWorks forwarding his or her dossier to potential employers or companies (organisations) that have made an official inquiry with AfricaWorks to fill a job vacancy or relevant position. In case no such official inquiry has been made yet, AfricaWorks guarantees to submit an anonymous dossier containing only such data that is essential to give the organisation a general overview of the candidate’s professional background, but not any personal data permitting his or her identification.
(3) After a candidate’s dossier has been introduced to an organisation the candidate is obliged to notify AfricaWorks without undue delay of any developments that may lead to the conclusion of a labour contract or other agreement. The same applies in the event the organisation hires the candidate within 24 (twenty-four) months after the proposal of his or her dossier.
(4) AfricaWorks does not incur any liability for the success of its services.